Claims Center – Broadfield Insurance
If you have suffered a claim, such as a fire or serious accident, are being sued, or just not sure if you have had a claim we want to hear from you.
We’re sorry if you’ve suffered an accident or have a claim on your insurance policy. That’s why you have insurance, to protect you when something bad happens. We’ll guide you on every step along the way.
Should you file this claim?
If there’s a slight chance that someone may have suffered as a result of the accident, then you must file the claim. Otherwise, if you choose not to file it, you won’t have the insurance policy to protect you from lawsuit.
For some commercial policies simply having knowledge of an act that might give rise to a claim is cause to file a notice of circumstance.
There are, however, situations where it makes sense to not file a claim. Keeping your insurance record clean will probably keep your rates down.
If this is a consideration, read this special report before you make that decision.
If you have any doubts, we should talk. Feel free to call your account executive, representative, or just dial our office at 845-86-2211 and we will guide you.
I need to file a claim
As your independent agent, we’ll do our best to make your claim experience a smooth one. We are your advocate.
- To begin, you may contact our offices at 845-986-2211 OR you may contact the insurance company directly to put them on notice of the claim.
- If you contact the insurance company directly – we will then be notified of your claim by the insurance company.
- There are a list of companies on our site, for your convenience or you may click here for carriers
- If you have a claim and would like our assistance, we will be happy to speak with you. In most cases, you will need to speak directly with the Insurance Carrier to report the details but we can help to make sure that your claim is processed correctly. Simply contact our nearest office for assistance.
- After your claim is processed, we will follow-up with you to ask about your experience and make sure you were treated well.
If think you’re not being treated fairly, need some help along the way or want to share your positive experience with us, just let us know! We’re always here for you.