Cyber Insurance is needed more today than ever.
Get your free cyber quote fast. Fill out the form on this page
Broadfield is ranked as a top 50 agency (2019 Insurance Journal Top 100 Agencies) in the U.S, and has been writing tech companies for decades. Our practice leader Keith Savino has been engaged with Insurance and Technology for over 32 Years, and is a recognized industry leader. You WANT to buy your Cyber through Broadfield.
Be Cyber Aware #becybersmart
Be Alert when shopping online, avoid phishing scams, etc.
THINK BEFORE YOU CLICK
Cyber Insurance is needed more today than ever
Covid 19, and the increase online holiday shopping have combined for the perfect cyber storm. At Broadfield insurance we want you to shop securely and enjoy the holiday season.
We recommend you shop only on sites you know. Use apps on phones, vs websites. Resist the urge to randomly search and to click on any link with a low price and an unknown site. There are entire organizations dedicated to capturing your personal data. They are smart, and well organized.
7 Top Tips to Protect your information
- Avoid ads on websites – Change your browsers home page to something without ads to reduce the temptation and improve security.
- Email – the biggest gotcha !! – you are so excited to get that shipping notification, or email to verify your order that you click and log into what you believe is a legitimate site. Scammers take great pride in making an email look legit. THINK BEFORE YOU CLICK on any LINK in an EMAIL. Just because it looks real, doesn’t make it so. Top scammers will spoof Walmart, Amazon, Microsoft, UPS, FedEx, and don’t forget Scams copying most mail services like Outlook and Gmail, asking you to verify your account.
- Trusted sites and apps only – Visit the known sites, apps or call vendors directly. Avoid using the email link.
- Reset your passwords this month – This is a good time of year to reset passwords for your major vendors. Do not use the same one over and over. Make sure to use upper and lower case, unique characters and numbers that will not make sense to anyone but you.
- Beware of phone calls. This is also the season for more Spam callers who will call to verify a recent order, or to let you know that your computer has been breached. Never speak with an inbound caller, and don’t ask them for a return phone number. Go to the vendors contact information and make a new call.
- Update your devices. Having the latest security patches are critical. If your wifi router is many years old, maybe you want to put a new one on your shopping list.
- Check your antivirus – So maybe your not an expert, ask a friend who is.
New York Shield ACT (new for 2020)
Passed into law and effective on March 21st, 2020 (more… )
SHIELD Act (S.5575B/A.5635)
New York’s data breach notification law is outdated and does not keep pace with current technology. A growing number of states already require reasonable data security protections without imposing duplicate obligations on those already subject to other federal or New York State data security regulations and without imposing excessive costs on small business.
This legislation imposes stronger obligations on businesses handling private data of customers, regarding security and proper notification of breaches by:
- Broadening the scope of information covered under the notification law to include biometric information and email addresses with their corresponding passwords or security questions and answers;
- Updating the notification requirements and procedures that companies and state entities must follow when there has been a breach of private information;
- Extending the notification requirement to any person or entity with private information of a New York resident, not just those who conduct business in New York State;
- Expanding the definition of a data breach to include unauthorized access to private information; and
- Creating reasonable data security requirements tailored to the size of a business.
Please fill out the form on this page to learn how to become compliant
If you have Customers… Read this
Just as the holiday shopping season was about to begin,… the Rokenbok toy company was in the middle of a business nightmare.
Online criminals from outside the country had encrypted the company’s files, demanding a hefty ransom to unlock the data. The company was losing thousands in missed orders by the day.
Worse yet, this cyber attack wasn’t Rokenbok’s first: earlier that year the company had been hit with a denial of service attack, shutting down their website.
“I sweated that one,” said CEO, Paul Eichen, in an interview with the New York Times. “Customers’ first impressions are critical.”
It took four days to reconstruct the data and the hackers were never caught.
Citrix, AMC, Wyzant, WhatsApp, Instagram… and that was just may of 2019…
Last year Marriott revealed their own story and how 500 Million customers from their (acquired) Starwood system were breached. So you are worried “what happens if I find out I am breached ?”
But is it only about a breach or big companies ?
Nope… it could be social engineering (what’s that you ask?), or a ransomware attack … and those bad guys love ransomware during tax season. So even the sole practitioner needs to protect their business, and their customers. And there are so many more ways your business is being impacted by exposures that traditional insurance products were not built to cover.
You need a Cyber Liability review. With cyber premiums being so affordable, there is no reason to skip a complimentary review.
Cyber Liability is a question of “WHEN” not “IF”
Data drives the organizations of today’s world. Business of all sizes have had a cyber attack or data breach, with the average cost to rectify rising to $6.5 million per occurrence.
One stolen laptop, one careless employee, a virus or even paper records that fall into the wrong hands, can create a financial and reputation consequence affecting your business for years to come.
What does Broadfield Group Cyber Liability cover?*
Cyber Insurance is needed more today than ever
With a comprehensive Cyber Liability policy, you can feel confident you’re covered in case of data breaches and related issues, including:
- Data compromise protection to cover employee and customer information if your data should ever be hacked, stolen (physical and electronic), corrupted, or subject to procedural errors or internal fraud
- Legal cost protection incurred by legal reviews
- Forensic services to assist in determining the nature, extent, and perpetrators of an electronic breach
- Personal services for any persons affected, which may include help line services, credit monitoring and case managers for identifying theft victims.
- Public relations costs paid for firms to review and respond to the potential impact of the data compromise
- Costs of legal defense in an event that the company is sued due to the breach
- Identity recovery protection to identity fraud victims and restore their credit history and records. This includes owners, employees and family members.
We can help protect your business against damage to electronic data, virus or malware attack, liability to third parties, and also help recover the cost of:
- Restoring and recreating data to your system
- Restoring systems to pre-attack levels
- Lost business and unforeseen expenses
- Public relations services, to communicate with outside parties concerning a computer attack and your public response
*Please see your actual policy for terms, conditions and actual policy details. These potential coverage’s may vary by insurance carrier.
Who is Cyber Liability Insurance for?
Cyber Liability coverage is available for any business, small and large, nonprofit organizations, and retailers. You may be able to save cost by bundling coverage with another policy to create a comprehensive suite of Business Liability
Broadfield Group can help you asses the risks to your business, and get you the protection you need in today’s data reliant world.
*Can we afford Cyber Liability, Privacy Insurance ?
Yes. Premiums from some carriers start as low as $400. Premiums are based upon a few underwriting facts like your type of business, annual sales, prior claims etc. Considering how affordable this coverage can be let get started.
The Broadfield Difference
There’s no such thing as a one-size-fits-all insurance policy when it comes to your business. Avoid shortcuts, and take the time to have a proper review.
We’re your neighbors. We protect people we know and care about, and that means we always look for ways to protect you better, including carefully choosing the insurance companies we represent to be both affordable and responsive.
Click on the quote request button now and let the professionals at Broadfield Group help you forge the strongest shield possible to help you protect the things you care about most.
For information about other business related insurance that we manage, please click: HERE