CONSENT TO USE ELECTRONIC RECORDS AND SIGNATURES
Including Client Portal, Email, and Document Sharing services
Annual Notice for Clients of Broadfield Group, LLC, and its member companies of John W. Sanford & Son INC and and Ramie Associates Inc. Referred to herein as “the Agency”.
As part of your relationship with us, you are entitled by law to receive certain information “in writing.” The federal ESIGN Act and certain state laws allow us to provide this information to you electronically, instead, with your prior consent. Registering for the Agency Client Portal (collectively “Agency Services “), is optional, and you are not required to use the portal. Some states may require your general consent to use electronic records and signatures in our relationship with you. So, before you obtain services or access to share accounts electronically through the Agency Client Portal (collectively “Agency Services”), you must review and consent to the terms outlined below.
By signing up for the Agency client portal, via the invitation provided you are providing your consent to the use of electronic records and signatures, and for you and Agency Services to share information, documents, including documents which may contain PII (personal and identifiable information) through the Agency and Agency Services online or offline.
In this consent, “we,” “us,” and “our” are used to refer to the Agency, Agency Services and Broadfield Group, LLC and its members, current and future affiliates, and any other person who provides policy information, and/or service(s) that you access through the Agency Services website. “You” and “your” refer to the person giving this consent.
- Your consent to use electronic records and signatures. In our sole discretion, disclosures, notices, records, and other information we provide to you may be in electronic form (“Electronic Records”). Electronic Records we provide to you may include, but are not limited to, proxy statements, prospectuses, and other disclosure and financial materials related to the securities held in your shareowner accounts. We may also use and obtain from you electronic signatures.
Electronic Records may be delivered to you in a variety of ways, as described in our agreements with you, including but not limited to our online Client Portal, 3rd party esign companies (eg. Docusign), verbal signature to a staff member, or in person signature on a mobile device or signature pad. In some cases, you will be able to choose whether to receive certain Electronic Records electronically, or on paper, or both. We will provide you with instructions on how to make those choices when they are available.
- Your option to receive paper copies. If we provide Electronic Records to you, and you want a copy in paper, you may contact your account’s customer service unit and request a paper version. You may be subject to a fee for your request unless prohibited by applicable law. Please refer to the applicable agreement for the fee that may apply. Please see your account statement for information about the appropriate contact.
- Your consent covers all online products and services. Your consent covers all of your transactions relating to each product or service that you agree to obtain or access electronically through the Agency Services website, and remains in effect until you withdraw your consent.
- You may withdraw your consent at any time. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time and at no cost to you. Please be aware, however, that withdrawal of consent may result in the termination of your access to the Agency Services website. If you wish to withdraw your consent, you must contact Agency Services
|Agency Services Policy
Broadfield Group, LLC
68 Main Street
Warwick NY 10990
- Current information: You must keep your email or electronic address current with us. You must promptly notify us of any change in your email or other electronic address. You may change the email address on record for you by accessing the My Account Settings and then the Account Profile tab on the website. There may be other, special services for which we provide separate instructions to update your email address.
- Your responsibility to protect your information. If you are an administrator of your account, or have any ability to manage users then you are solely responsible to remove any user who should not have access to your account, such as a prior employee or spouse. You as a user or administrator agree to hold the Agency our Agency Services and Broadfield Group, LLC its members, successors or assigns harmless for any actions the result of a user not being removed, the introduction of malicious code, and / or any breech of your account through means for which you needed to protect login information, or through the unauthorized use of your Computer, phone, tablet or any device with the ability to access your account, which may have been breached, stolen or compromised, or through storing passwords on your device to automatically login in through a browser or any 3rd party password management service.
- Maintaining the Hardware and software you will need. To use the Agency Services website, you must have:
- Current Version (defined below) of an Internet browser we support,
- connection to the Internet,
- Current Version of a program that accurately reads and displays PDF files (such as Adobe Acrobat Reader).
- computer and an operating system capable of supporting all of the above. You will also need a printer if you wish to print out and retain records on paper, and electronic storage if you wish to retain records in electronic form
- Security software, installed and properly updated to protect your machine, and those sites that you visit from the introduction of malicious code
You must also have an active email address.
By “Current Version,” we mean a version of the software that is currently being supported by its publisher.
We reserve the right to discontinue support of a Current Version of software if, in our sole opinion, it suffers from a security or other flaw that makes it unsuitable for use with the Agency Services website. And we always reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to communicate with you by U.S. Postal Service.
- Limitation of Liability. Our liability if any, will be limited in total to the amount of agency base commissions received by the agency for your specific policy affected, net of all expenses (less any expenses to service your account, less any compensation paid a sale professional) limited to one policy period in which any liability may have been attributed.
- Maintaining, or changes to hardware or software requirements. If a change in hardware or software is needed in order for you to access or retain Electronic Records, and that change would create a material risk that you would not be able to access or retain your Electronic Records, we will post notice of the revised hardware or software requirements online, via email or within our client portal. We will not be obligated to mail notice. Continuing to use Agency Services after receiving notice is reaffirmation of your consent.
By signing up for our client portal, via the invitation provided you are providing your consent to use electronic records and signatures, and for Agency Services and you to share documents through the Agency Services online. By providing your consent, you are also confirming that you have the hardware and software described above, that you are able to receive and review electronic records, and that you have an active email account. You are also confirming that you are authorized to, and do, consent on behalf of all the co-owners of your accounts.